I recently read a post about a woman who recently turned 30 years old and was very enthusiastic about the new decade in her life. She wrote a post about 40 things she wanted to accomplish in 10 years before her 40th birthday.
Since we have moved, I have been wanting to try new things and discover more about myself and this has been a bit overwhelming. So when I saw her list I was pretty excited myself! I have 6 more years until I am 30 and figured that setting some goals could help me to be on track for this new stage of life and self-discovery. Putting things into writing helps keep me accountable and on track for goals, so here we are.
Here are my 30 before 30.
30 Before 30
- Go snorkeling.
- Visit Hawaii.
- Learn to surf.
- Make the perfect vegan mac & cheese.
- Go to Alaska.
- Go snowshoeing.
- Buy hiking boots.
- Find an organization and become a regular volunteer.
- Hike the Wonderland Trail in Mt. Rainier National Park.
- See a West Coast sunset.
- Host a cute, classy, Galentine’s brunch.
- Roast a whole turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Visit Thailand.
- Go to Canlis in Seattle. (Fine dining)
- Get a tattoo from Tenderfoot Studio in Portland.
- Buy a house.
- Find time to regularly have “creative time” for painting and writing. (once a week or every two weeks)
- Sell one painting.
- Go to PAX in cosplay.
- Find a job I enjoy.
- Renew my passport
- Go on a cruise.
- Go to Europe.
- Retake couples pictures.
- Dye my hair ombre/baylage.
- Hike up a mountain.
- Visit Portland.
- Write a creative short-story.
- Host a Friends-giving.
- Start composting regularly.
I may not blog about every single thing, but I will try to break down the goals by time. I have 3 more months in this year (2017) and there are some things I know I can finish by New Years.
- See a West Coast sunset (#10)
- Hike up a mountain (#26)
- Make perfect vegan mac & cheese (#4)
- Visit Portland (#27)
What do you think? Do you have goals for this decade? What about this year?
Much love. Much grace.
I had so many goals for when I turned 23 last year.
It is a tradition for me to make fun little goals for myself each year on my birthday to try new things or do more of what I enjoy. This year, I accomplished some but not all my goals could be scratched off the list.
This year I want to set different types of goals.
I want to set more meaningful goals.
I am continually growing in my goal setting because not only would I like to actually accomplish goals, but I also want these goals to bring me closer to a larger goal. Whether the goal is to be healthier, gain traction in my career, or find a way for my dreams to take shape, all of these larger goals need smaller more reachable goals. So this year I am setting realistic “themed” goals for myself.
- Become more creative in my teaching.
- Be more knowledgable in my content area.
- Let go of anger.
- Try not to expect perfection.
- Be the hands and feet of Christ.
- Take my vitamins when I need to (like an ADULT)
- Drink more water (like an ADULT)
I am excited for what this year will bring for me and for my family. We have some exciting adventures ahead and I can’t wait to see how they all turn out!
Bring it on 24!
Much love. Much grace.
You guys. I am turning 23 years old…. like, Sunday. (Which is weird because for this whole year I kept forgetting I was 22 instead of 21, but I digress..) Anyway, I am turning 23, and I am so excited! I love birthdays and I am so thankful that I have been able to live another year in this crazy world!
Every year, I try to make resolutions. For New Year’s Eve, I make the “big” life changing ones like healthier living and to be more compassionate.
Birthday resolutions are WAY more fun.
Every year, starting around my 16th birthday, I set fun little goals for myself. Nothing that is supposed to be deep or incredibly helpful, just fun personal things I want to do. Through these things I learn so much more about myself than the NYE ones, and each year I surprise myself. This past year (the year of 22), I did many things! I started a blog, tried studio yoga classes, traveled, and learned how to make some yummy dishes. This year I am so excited I get to share my list with you!
The Year of 23
- Run/jog/walk a 5K.
- Watch 2 Bollywood films
- Go to a concert (this is an every year thing for me… why give up good goals, right?)
- Go to a museum and take my time. (No time constraints)
- Paint a picture that I am proud of.
- Watch a sunrise (and a sunset).
How does that look for the year of 23? As I think of more, I will add them; and as I do these things I will cross them off (and probably write a blog post about it… ya know).
Do you have any fun goals for this year? Is there something you think everyone should do at least once a year? Let me know!
Much love. Much grace.