I recently read a post about a woman who recently turned 30 years old and was very enthusiastic about the new decade in her life. She wrote a post about 40 things she wanted to accomplish in 10 years before her 40th birthday.
Since we have moved, I have been wanting to try new things and discover more about myself and this has been a bit overwhelming. So when I saw her list I was pretty excited myself! I have 6 more years until I am 30 and figured that setting some goals could help me to be on track for this new stage of life and self-discovery. Putting things into writing helps keep me accountable and on track for goals, so here we are.
Here are my 30 before 30.
30 Before 30
- Go snorkeling.
- Visit Hawaii.
- Learn to surf.
- Make the perfect vegan mac & cheese.
- Go to Alaska.
- Go snowshoeing.
- Buy hiking boots.
- Find an organization and become a regular volunteer.
- Hike the Wonderland Trail in Mt. Rainier National Park.
- See a West Coast sunset.
- Host a cute, classy, Galentine’s brunch.
- Roast a whole turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Visit Thailand.
- Go to Canlis in Seattle. (Fine dining)
- Get a tattoo from Tenderfoot Studio in Portland.
- Buy a house.
- Find time to regularly have “creative time” for painting and writing. (once a week or every two weeks)
- Sell one painting.
- Go to PAX in cosplay.
- Find a job I enjoy.
- Renew my passport
- Go on a cruise.
- Go to Europe.
- Retake couples pictures.
- Dye my hair ombre/baylage.
- Hike up a mountain.
- Visit Portland.
- Write a creative short-story.
- Host a Friends-giving.
- Start composting regularly.
I may not blog about every single thing, but I will try to break down the goals by time. I have 3 more months in this year (2017) and there are some things I know I can finish by New Years.
- See a West Coast sunset (#10)
- Hike up a mountain (#26)
- Make perfect vegan mac & cheese (#4)
- Visit Portland (#27)
What do you think? Do you have goals for this decade? What about this year?
Much love. Much grace.